School’s (Finally) Out For Summer
So classes for Summer Session I wrapped up last Monday, grades were turned in Tuesday. I am officially off until August 25th. With nearly two months off, I didn’t want the first day of class to arrive and think, “What did I do all summer?” with no good answer. So I have put together of things I want to do over my summer vacation.
- Visit my sister. This is actually happening on Thursday. Me and mom are going to L.A. for a week and a half. I have no idea what we are or might be doing. I’m open to any and all suggestions. Go!
- Produce a little video. What I do with students for PhiladelphiaNeighborhoods.com, I should be more proficient. So since I have the time, I am probably going to knock out something for JUMP with STS.
- I love books and to read. There is a library a quarter of a block away. I’ve never been. Shame. Need to check it out.
- One of my friends works in the Philadelphia Public Defender’s Office. I want to go watch him in court one day.
- Another friend is a city firefighter for 30 years. I want to hang at the firehouse one day.
- I have a ton of things to get rid of on ebay. And a ton of time. I need to make it happen.
- Freelance work. I have a couple things bubbling that I want to execute. Part of my goal is to contribute to as many different outlets as possible. So I have pitches in the pipeline I need to solidify and get cracking on.
So far, that’s it. Of course I have other JUMP stuff going on as well as some other consulting projects, but those are ongoing. The above stuff is strictly to knock out by the August 25 deadline. I’ll check back in at the end of the summer, if not sooner, and keep people posted about the things I am crossing off the list. You can also follow any updates on my Twitter, #MaloSummer.
Anyone else have plans?