Temple University, Philadelphia, PA
Bachelor of Arts- Journalism, magna cum laude distinction
GPA of 3.85
Co-teacher/ Adjunct Faculty/ Faculty Editor: PhiladelphiaNeighborhoods.com, Temple University
January 2014 to present
• Creating and leading lectures for classes and small groups.
• Assisting students in the capstone journalism class in finding and developing sources and stories.
• Aiding students in shaping narrative and content for weekly assignments.
• Editing and grading student stories for publication.
• Maintaining weekly hours in newsroom to assist students with stories.
Managing Editor, JUMP Magazine
June 2011 to present
• Interviewing and profiling local artists, businesses and other music-related culture in Philadelphia.
• Part of team responsible for shaping and directing magazine’s evolution.
• Assisted in developing the quarterly print publication to its current production size of 10,000 copies per issue.
• Assisting in conception, creation, assignment and execution of content for each issue.
• Assigning writers and photographers to cover shows and performances throughout the city.
Curator, Red Bull Sound Select
November 2013 to present
• Selecting local artists to participate in Red Bull’s music program designed to develop the finding and breaking of new, local artists.
• Managing quarterly shows and events connecting fans to emerging artists and artists with the program.
• Producing and promoting shows in the local market with local talent and a national headliner.
Curator, Tiny Room For Elephants
April 2014 to present
• Part of core team creating an ongoing collaborative, multi-genre, art and music project.
• Curating artists selected to participate in our Rooms project.
• Assisting in construction of a room inside a warehouse turned over to artists for the project.
• Shaping the documentation of the experience which is turned into webisodes, web content, books, installations, etc.
• Provided TRFE artists’ lounge backstage for performers and their families at The Roots Picnic 2016, 2017.
Editor, Temple DNC News Bureau
• Assisted students from Temple University in a special topics course as a wire service covering the 2016 Democratic National Convention in Philadelphia.
• Edited students working for nearly 20 news outlets around the country as producers, reporters, photographers, editors and journalists.
• Project received the 2016 EPPY Award for Best Use of Social Media/Crowd Sourcing with under 1 million unique monthly visitors.
Co-Owner/ Editor in Chief, Foundation Magazine
January 2005 to June 2010
• Involved in the magazine’s inception and creation.
• Participated in day-to-day activities of a print publication.
• Responsible for the conception, creation, assignment and execution of content for each issue.
• Maintained and cultivated a stable of freelance writers, photographers and sources.
• Assigned initial stories and follow-up editorial to freelancers and appropriate in-office staff for both print and digital teams.
• Worked industry contacts and other sources to deliver insightful, unique content and commentary.
• Oversaw a national team of people to market and promote the magazine.
• Achieved national distribution through Curtis Circulation, handling a majority of our 50,000 print-run with a sell through rate far above industry standard.
• Interviewed and profiled high-profile artists in the industry.
Traveling the world, photography, chess, reading, experiencing other cultures and new adventures.
Available on request.